Sunday 22 August 2021

If just a little longer

I now invoke you

from the crown of a tree

so you'd climb home to me

It's such power in my thoughts

and there you are! in my blindness

No touches, but I can reach you

from well beyond the sea

I find no faults

Chemical must be... my fondness


There, there!

I thought I'd win

My battles? they had an armistice, as I remember

If just a little longer...

so close to be and yet... there's little time to live, and plenty of it to wish

Why don't we belong to the land of small big wishes?!

I'm so surprised of how thorny roses are when wanting to pick them

and everything satisfying remains the smell and image of the flower

Don't cut me off! I need to breathe

in my own climb-down

If just a little longer had it been

I could have lasted fonder

No comments:

Post a Comment